Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Spring Creek Co-Op


I am really excited about the recent develops in Early County Georgia. A couple of weeks ago while visiting with our neighbors I learned about a group interested in promoting Quaility Deer Management in our area by way of a cooperative among landowners. The name of the group is Spring Creek Cooperative, and I am proud to report that Bollingbrook Plantation is now a member.

The group's goal is to promote a quality deer heard within the Spring Creek/Early County Area by taking only mature bucks ( 4 1/2 years or older) and controlling the doe population in order to have a more equal ratio. I think this is really going to improve the hunting for us and everyone else in the area. Its also easy for us because we have been practicing QDM since we bought our farm. This is the link to the site http://springcreekcoop.com/

2 comments:

Autumn Thomson said...

Justin- you would be amazed at the deer that are being shot in the area...a little 4 point...a scrawny doe. I have a few Mrs. Right readers that hunt in the area and send me photos of the deer they harvest, and frankly I can't believe their lack of attention to quality wildlife management. I'm proud we joined this Co-Op.

Justin said...

I think the people nearby our farm are doing a really good job, however, it does take a while for the idea of only taking mature deer to take hold